The following programs are sponsored by MIT.
Conexión Focuses on cultivating and advancing Latino leadership through one-on-one mentoring by senior executives
Conexión offers monthly professional development forums coupled with opportunities to share strategies for successfully managing career development with other professionals. Participation is by self-election. All inquiries should be directed to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
MIT Rewards and Recognition Excellence Awards Category: Fostering Diversity and Inclusion: maximizing MIT's strengths
This award is for teams and/or individuals who:
- Take an active role in raising awareness and educating others about diversity and inclusion
- Respect and value differences and work to promote fairness and equity throughout MIT
- Encourage the best in others and help the MIT community fulfill its potential
- Demonstrate formal or informal leadership by embracing the meaning of diversity and inclusion through positive interactions
- Leverage differences to create a more effective and productive workplace
The Partnership, Inc. A professional development program designed to accelerate growth and expand the leadership capabilities of minority professionals
Participants develop industry peer relationships and receive high-level mentoring across generations. The program features three inter-related curriculum components that include effective relationship building, increasing emotional intelligence, and civic engagement. Participation in the program is by nomination only and is coordinated through Human Resources.
YMCA Achievers Awards Program A renowned program that recognizes high-performing diverse professionals
The program's objectives are to inspire the educational and career aspirations of minority youth by engaging "Achievers" in community service that benefits youth, promotes mentoring relationships, and creates channels for continued community involvement by business and industry. Award recipients are paired with youth development programs to volunteer a total of 40 hours over a 10-month period. Participation in the program is by nomination only and is coordinated through central Human Resources.